And I Thought Two Was Bad
Let me just start by saying, I love my son. Really, I do. He makes my entire life better. There are somethings I could do without though. Here are the things that are going to be the death of me in a list.
1. Holy Attitude– I absolutely adore seeing his personality and opinions coming out more and more each day, but I swear if I keep hearing his now infamous screech and keep having the once adorable little hands slapping whatever I’m using as a peace offering out my hands I’m going to rip my hair out.
2. Public Tantrums– I know, I know, it comes with the territory. I can still complain about it, though. He really only does the heart-wrenching, throw himself on the floor tantrums when we’re in public. I don’t understand it at all.
3. Potty Training– Again, comes with the territory. God forbid you ask my kid if he has to go potty. He will scream NO until I’m sure people in China think he’s being murdered.
4. I Wanna Do It Myself- This is an awesome milestone, and one I’ll admit I couldn’t wait to get to. Now that it’s here, however, I just can’t deal with it. He wants to brush his teeth, and ends up brushing the inside of his nose. His entire outfit head to toe is on backwards, and he is adamant about having no help fixing it. Daddy and I have recently taken up showing him how to do it brushing our own teeth, putting our own shoes on , etc. In the meantime, though, I might just hide under a rock.
5. The Aforementioned Screech- And I do mean screeeeech. No amount of bribery, “threatening,” or timeouts do any good. I’m at the end of my rope.
Regardless, I love the crazy tornado. He’s the perfect mix of his father and I, and we love watching him grow in all ways, good and psycho, every day.